Civil Dialogue Groups
The Civil Dialogue Groups (CDG) are consultative groups set up by the European Commission (DG Agriculture and Rural Development). They are forum for exchange between stakeholders and the European Commission. They aim to provide advice and expertise in relation to:
- the preparation of legislative proposals and policy initiatives
- the preparation of delegated acts
- the implementation of existing EU legislation, programs and policies
FACEnetwork’s participation in the CDG allows interesting and important exchanges of information with the European institutions, as well as with other stakeholders. Moreover it helps our work of lobbying.
For the current period (2023-2027), FACEnetwork helds a permanent postion in 2 Civil Dialogue Groups:
- CDG Quality & Promotion
The thematic scope of this group is all matters related to:geographical indications (GIs) for agricultural products, as well as traditional specialties guaranteed (TSGs) and optional quality terms (OQTs) for agricultural products; the promotion of EU agricultural products in the context of Regulation EU 1144/2014 and the definition of strategic priorities and implementation of EU promotion policy measures.
- CDG Animal Production
The thematic scope of this group is economic and policy developments in relation to animal products sectors such as beef and veal, milk and milk products, pig meat, sheep and goat meat, eggs, poultry meat, and apiculture products. This includes, among others, market situation and outlook, operation of market measures, relevant CAP instruments and other relevant EU policies.
Futhermore FACEnetwork’s president, Kerstin Jürss has a seat in the EU CAP Network Assembly.
In the previous period (2014-2022), FACEnetwork held one permanent seat in 2 Civil Dialogue Groups:
- 1 seat in the CDG “Quality & Promotion”: Among the topics treated in this group, FACEnetwork was specifically interested by the issues of labelling of origin, food quality certification schemes and European promotion programme.
- 1 seat in the CDG “Milk”: The issues of this group were mainly about milk market situation, intervention on stocks management, but also about CAP policy or Brexit.
For the CDG meetings FACEnetwork can designate one or more representatives depending on the topics on the agenda. For more information, contact Barbara Hart (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Verband für handwerkliche Milchverarbeitung e.V.
Alte Poststraße 87, 85356 Freising
Tel. +49 (0)8161 - 787 36 03, Fax +49 (0)8161 - 787 36 81