Civil Dialogue Groups
The Civil Dialog Groups (CDG) are consultative groups set up by the European Commission (DG Agriculture and Rural Development). They are forum for exchange between stakeholders and the European Commission. They aim to provide advice and expertise in relation to:
- the preparation of legislative proposals and policy initiatives
- the preparation of delegated acts
- the implementation of existing EU legislation, programs and policies
FACEnetwork holds one permanent seat in 2 Civil Dialog Groups for the period 2014-2020:
- 1 seat in the CDG “Quality & Promotion”: Among the topics treated in this group, FACEnetwork is specifically interested by the issues of labelling of origin, food quality certification schemes and European promotion program
- 1 seat in the CDG “Milk”: The issues of this group are mainly about milk market situation, intervention on stocks management, but also about CAP policy or Brexit.
FACEnetwork's participation in the CDG allows interesting and important exchanges of information with the European institutions, as well as with other stakeholders.
Moreover it helps our work of lobbying.
The meetings of CDG Milk are attended on behalf of FACE by Andreas Keul (BE)
The meetings of CDG Quality and Promotion are attended on behalf of FACE by Miroslaw Sienkiewicz (PL)
List of organisations having been allocated seats in a CDG