[News from FACE] International Conference on Mountain Cheese in Slovenia!
Preview on the program
Very rich the program of the International Conference on Mountain Cheeses! It will take place on the 2nd of October in Bohinj during FACE Network Annual Meeting.
8 qualified speakers will lead us through several aspects of mountain cheese production:
- Influence of the microbiome on the quality and safety of Raclette du Valais AOP cheese
Current findings and a look back at the last 150 years
Hans- Peter Bachmann, Ph.D. Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research (EAER), Agroscope, Research division «Foodmicrobial systems», Switzerland;
- Tailor-made starter cultures for traditional Slovenian cheeses
Petra Mohar Lorbeg, PhD, B.Sc. Food Technol., Institute of Dairy Science and Probiotics, Slovenia;
Sustainability and Biodiversity:
- From historical examples to history-inspired sustainable innovation
What can we learn from the environmental history of species-rich meadows in the Alps for sustainable meadow management and cheese making?
Žiga Zwitter, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Department of History;
- The heart of Slovenian cheese tradition
Mohant cheese from Bohinj with Protected Designation of Origin (PDO)
Monika Ravnik, Author of PDO Specification for Mohant;
- Old cheese production to be saved from extinction in Croatia
Croation mountain cheese - cheese in a sack (lambskin)
Anđelka Pejaković, dipl. ing. agr.and Barbara Hrovatinović, Ministry of Agriculture of Croatia.
PDO specification issue:
- Cheese wars: The death and resurrection of Historical Bitto
Diego Rinallo, Ph.D. - Associate Professor of Marketing, lifestyle research centre, Emlyon business school;
- The concept of collective brands influences the overall quality of local offers
Jana Vilman, PhD, Turizem Bohinj.
Furthermore, from 1 to 4 October, all the participants will be immersed in the mountain cheese world, visiting mountain farms, meeting mountain cheesemakers and tasting mountain cheeses.
As usual, it can’t miss the traditional FACE Network international cheese buffet as a moment of cultural and gourmet exchange!
Looking forward to see a lot of you on the conference