FACEnetwork Video Contest
Your vision of farmhouse and artisanal cheese diversity
Are you making farmhouse or artisanal cheese?
Are you a passionate dairy producer?
Then we invite you to enter our video contest!
Show in a short video about cheese diversity.
For the sixth time, FACE Network launches this video contest. Our aim is to highlight the current reality and diversity of the traditional and artisan dairy sector of Europe, through the eyes of people who are in the sector.
The contest is open to any cheese and dairy producer/worker aged 18 years or older. The competition is also open to future cheese and dairy producers, who are in training or internship period in a farmhouse or artisanal dairy.
What to show in your video?
We (cheese) make the difference! Is the motto of the contest. Through images and other means such as spoken commentary, subtitles, music...you should present:
- How your cheesemaking is expression of your territory and your culture?
- What makes your cheese special or different?
- How is your cheese an expression of biodiversity?
- How your production / transformation are sustainable?
- How does your heritage shows up in your cheese?
Spoken commentary and subtitles can be provided in any language.
The videos submitted must:
- be your own original work
- not infringe the rights of others
- be respectful of the participants and potential audience, showing cultural sensitivity and avoiding indecent, shocking or disturbing images (e.g. Not harming individuals or animals).
How to apply
Each video must last 1 - 3 minutes. There is no particular requirement concerning the format. The video can be recorded on any technology, including mobile phones, as long as it is then submitted via the upload application on this page in a “standard” format, which can be downloaded on any computer. The key to enable the upload is 650983. Send your video till 25.09.2022. Only one video may be accepted per person.
An international jury of experienced cheesemakers and technicians will judge the capacity to clearly deliver a relevant message about the reality and specificity of a farmhouse/artisanal dairy, for a wide audience. Originality, overall impact and artistic merit will also be taken into account. The means chosen to present the video are not criteria which will be evaluated –for example, the use or not of commentary, subtitles, music, or laguage used, etc.
- The three awards-winning videos will be published on FACEnetwork website and all participating videos will be published on FACEnetwork's youtube channel and shared on Social-Media.
- A package of international artisan an farmhouse cheese made by dairies member of FACEnetwork.
2. and 3. Prizes:
- The two finalists will receive a book about European traditional cheese.